Brow Lift Specialists in Cleveland
A forehead lift or "browlift" is a procedure that restores a more youthful, refreshed look to the area above the eyes. The procedure corrects drooping brows and improves the horizontal lines and furrows that can make a person appear angry, sad or tired.
Forehead lift is often performed in conjunction with a facelift to provide a smoother overall look to the face. Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) may also be performed at the same time as a forehead lift, especially if a Cleveland brow lift patient has significant skin overhang in the upper eyelids. Sometimes, patients who believe they need upper-eyelid surgery find that a forehead lift better meets their surgical goals.
Rhinoplasty Procedure Details
In a forehead lift, the muscles and tissues that cause the furrowing or drooping are removed or altered to smooth the forehead, raise the eyebrows and minimize frown lines. Dr. George Picha and Dr. Joyesh Raj are renowned Cleveland forehead lift surgeons who utilize the endoscopic approach to the forehead lift, minimizing scarring and promoting a more rapid recovery.
Most brow lift Cleveland patients are pleased with the results of a forehead lift, no matter which surgical method was used. Often, patients don't realize how much their sagging forehead contributed to the signs of aging until they see how much younger and more rested they appear after the lift.
- Procedure: Minimize forehead creases, drooping eyebrows, hooding over eyes, furrowed forehead and frown lines by removing excess tissue, altering muscles and tightening the forehead skin. Done with the use of an endoscope, which requires 3 to 5 short incisions.
- Length: 1 to 2 hours.
- Anesthesia: Local with sedation, or general.
- In/Outpatient: Usually outpatient.
- Side Effects: Temporary swelling, numbness, headaches, bruising.
- Risks: Injury to facial nerve, causing loss of motion, muscle weakness, or asymmetrical look. Infection.
- Recovery: Back to work: 7 to 10 days, usually sooner for endoscopic forehead lift. More strenuous activity: several weeks. Full recovery from bruising: 2 to 3 weeks. Limit sun exposure for several months.
- Duration of Results: Usually 5 to 10 years.
Why Choose Western Reserve Plastic Surgery
Cleveland plastic surgery patients come to Western Reserve Plastic Surgery to wash away the years of aging by having surgical procedures that correct age-related cosmetic issues. Dr. Picha and Dr. Raj are top brow lift Cleveland surgeons who use advanced techniques and additional procedures, such as fat injections, to provide patients with exceptional aesthetic results.