Rhinoplasty Surgery in Cleveland, OH
Also Serving Independence & Westlake, OH
Want to get a nose job in Cleveland? The doctors at Western Reserve plastic surgery offer high-quality nose jobs for patients who want to improve their look.
What is Rhinoplasty?
“Rhinoplasty” is the medical term for surgical reshaping of the nose, and is one of the most common of all plastic surgery procedures. Rhinoplasty can reduce or increase the size of your nose, change the shape of the tip or the bridge, narrow the span of the nostrils, or change the angle between your nose and your upper lip. It may also correct a birth defect or injury, or help relieve some breathing problems.
The Initial Consultation
During your initial consultation, Dr. George Picha, MD, or Dr. Joyesh Raj, MD, will ask what you'd like your nose to look like, evaluate the structure of your nose and face, and discuss the possibilities with you. They will also explain the factors that can influence the procedure and the results. These factors include the structure of your nasal bones and cartilage, the shape of your face, the thickness of your skin, your age, and your expectations.
After surgery, small burst blood vessels may appear as tiny red spots on the skin's surface; these are usually minor but may be permanent. As for scarring, when rhinoplasty is performed from inside the nose, there is no visible scarring at all. When an “open” technique is used, or when the procedure calls for the narrowing of flared nostrils, the small scars on the base of the nose are usually not visible.
During the healing process, you may experience reactions to your new nose from friends and family. Getting any plastic surgery is a personal decision, so remember why you chose to get a nose job if you are faced with any criticism. Achieving your own personal aesthetic goals is much more important than what any third-party may think about the procedure.
- Procedure: Reshape nose by reducing or increasing size, removing hump, changing shape of tip or bridge, narrowing span of nostrils, or changing angle between nose and upper lip. May also relieve some breathing problems. (May be covered by insurance.)
- Length: 1 to 2 hours or more.
- Anesthesia: Local with sedation, or general.
- In/Outpatient: Usually outpatient.
- Side Effects: Temporary swelling, bruising around eyes, nose and headaches. Some bleeding and stiffness.
- Risks: Infection. Small burst blood vessels resulting in tiny, permanent red spots. Incomplete improvement, requiring additional surgery.
- Recovery: Back to work: 1 to 2 weeks. More strenuous activities: 2 to 3 weeks. Avoid hitting nose or sunburn: 8 weeks. Final appearance: 1 year or more.
Why Choose Western Reserve Plastic Surgery
Dr. Picha and Dr. Raj are recognized as two of the leading >plastic surgeons in Cleveland that patients come to in order to enhance aspects of their appearance they wish to improve. Over the years they have helped numerous patients realize their aesthetic dreams through terrific cosmetic surgery results.