Facelift Specialists in Cleveland
Also Serving Independence & Westlake, OH
A facelift (technically known as rhytidectomy) can't stop the aging process. What it can do is "set back the clock," improving the most visible signs of aging by removing excess fat, tightening underlying muscles, and re-draping the skin of your face and neck. A facelift can be done alone or in conjunction with other procedures such as a forehead lift, eyelid surgery, fat injections or nose reshaping.
Facelift Procedure Details
Facelifts are very individualized procedures. In your initial consultation Dr. George Picha, MD, or Dr. Joyesh Raj, MD, two of the most renowned plastic surgeons in Cleveland, will evaluate your face, including the skin and underlying bone, and discuss your goals for the surgery.
Upon consulting with Dr. Picha or Dr. Raj, a facelift Cleveland patient may be introduced to accompanying procedures that may enhance the overall results of the traditional facelift. Using minimal excisions Dr. Picha and Dr. Raj can employ advanced techniques in contouring the face as a whole, lifting the mid-face, the brow and temporal areas, giving the face an overall more youthful appearance.
- Procedure: Improving sagging facial skin, jowls, and loose neck skin by removing excess fat, tightening muscles, re-draping skin.
- Length: Several hours.
- Anesthesia: Local with sedation, or general.
- In/Outpatient: Usually outpatient. Some patients may require short inpatient stay.
- Side Effects: Temporary bruising, swelling, numbness and tenderness of skin; tight feeling, dry skin. For men, permanent need to shave behind ears, where beard-growing skin is repositioned.
- Risks: Injury to the nerves that control facial muscles or feeling (usually temporary but may be permanent). Infection, bleeding. Poor healing; excessive scarring. Asymmetry or change in hairline.
- Recovery: Back to work: 10 to 14 days. More strenuous activity: 2 weeks or more. Bruising: 2 to 3 weeks. Must limit exposure to sun for several months.
- Duration of Results: Usually 5 to 10 years.